July 3rd is when our town does their big fanfare and fireworks show at 7pm. The forecast predicted 30% chance of rain, but we still headed out because only 30%, right? However, when we pulled into the parking lot it started to pour. So we decided to wait it out because normally these summer showers just blow over. I frequently checked the updates on the website and saw that the fireworks were still on for 9:40. So half hour waiting and it was still pouring. We dug into the snacks and listened to some music and started taking pictures.




About 45 minutes later it looked like the sky was clearing up and the rain slowed down, but not for long. So we headed home with the intention that Gabe could possibly bring the boys back for the fireworks if it did stop raining. In the end, the fireworks show was canceled and I'm so glad we headed home when we did. :) While living in Florida, I've learned that when the weather forecasts only 30% chance of rain it rains, and when 80% chance of rain is predicated it doesn't rain. Funny, but true.
On the 4th I made an Independence Day lap book with the boys in the morning. I found the print outs at this site
here
In the afternoon we headed out to a party.
The children enjoyed swimming, eating, playing with their friends, and homemade snow cones, while the adults enjoyed eating, drinking, dancing, and karaoke. After it got dark a couple of the Dads put on a firework display that was really quite impressive. All in all a very fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment