Thursday, June 9, 2011

Anniversary Getaway

We had a wonderful little two day vacation.  I felt like it was our honeymoon all over again.  We didn't have a care in the world and we only worried about each other.  It was so nice.  Our hotel was right on the beach which I loved so there was always a breeze.  

We arrived Monday afternoon around 12:30 and there was a cloud of smoke covering the town.  I was so worried that it was going to be smokey our entire trip.  After a bit of relaxing the smoke had finally cleared and we headed into St. Augustine to walk around.  It was cloudy which was perfect so it wasn't too hot.  We had fun looking around all the shops.  We ended up eating dinner closer to our hotel instead of downtown and the food was pretty good.  I wasn't expecting such large portions.  After dinner sat on the beach for awhile enjoying the sound of the waves and each other's company.      

View from our hotel balcony 
 The hotel backed right up to the beach
 St. Augustine cathedral 
I've always wanted to get some better photos of the inside of the cathedral and now that we have our nicer camera, Gabe took a few



 Gabe smoking a cigar (I love the smell btw)
 True love
 Waiting for our dinner to be served
 Most interesting fish n'chps we've ever had.  It was such a large portion too!
 Relaxing after dinner on the beach



Tuesday morning we slept in until 9!  It was so nice!  We had breakfast at a nearby cafe and their food was scrumptious!  The weather was gorgeous so we spent the morning on the beach swimming, relaxing and reading.  The water was the perfect temperature and felt great!     We headed into town for lunch and some more touring around.  We stopped at Mission Nombre De Dios and the shrine of Our Lady of La Leche where I prayed for a safe and healthy homebirth for our little girl.  After walking around downtown again, we went swimming back at our hotel but we didn't stay too long because it was a bit chilly from the breeze.  We showered and ended up eating dinner at another nice family owned restaurant.  Then back down town for some coffee and a cigar for Gabe. 

Wednesday morning we got up in time to make 9 AM Mass at St. Anastasia Catholic church.  Got bagels and smoothies for breakfast and started back to Gainesville.    I really enjoyed spending one-on-one time with my hubby and I think it was great to get away for two nights.  We did miss the boys and it was great to get back!

Beach morning 




 The water was so nice!
 6 1/2 months prego
 yummy Popsicle 
 And gelatto 
 The big cross at the mission 

 Another stoogie for my hubby


 View of the lighthouse by night

1 comment:

  1. aw! So happy for you! It really looks like you had a wonderful time. That is something we'd like to do one of these days when there isn't a nursing baby :) Very fun.

    ReplyDelete