Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Blogging for 7 er....6 day straight!

So I did that little link up thing at Conversion Diary (7 day blogging challenge) but then totally DID NOT blog yesterday!  Oops!  I kept remembering that I needed to blog and then I got home late from a Pampered Chef party and then I remembered I need to blog and then my hubby and I got lost in a conversation and then it was 11:30 and I still could have made it with minutes to spare but it had totally been wiped from my memory by then.  So here's to trying to get back on the blogging train with only six days of blogging to my credit.

I have been wanting to update on celebrations of the children's feast days, our first day of school and a post with pictures from my mother-in-law's visit but I'm just not up to that today so this will just be a very random post.

I had put Juliette down for her nap an hour ago and I closed the door like I always do because she will come out a million times before actually falling asleep.  Anyhow after sitting out here in the school room for awhile I heard her calling and went back in to hear her saying potty and standing by the door.  But I was too late....there was a poop already on the floor between her legs.  :/  blah!  At least we can say it was my fault and not hers.  She has been so great about going on the potty and doesn't even wear diapers at night anymore.  Can I just say how nice it is to only have one in diapers again?  

Yesterday was a pretty good day for being a Monday.  Usually I'm feeling a little upset by the lack of order around the house after the weekend and overwhelmed by all the laundry that needs to be done.  I guess today must be my Monday because it just isn't my day.  I'm feeling grumpy and out of sorts.  We did get school done fairly quickly this morning which was nice.  I let the kids watch the Magic school bus (that counts as science right?) while I tried to get in a little cat nap before lunch.  It sort of worked....  Last night I signed up the boys for the summer reading program at the library, or what's left of it.  It ends on August 18th.  I think after naps we'll go pick up their goodie bags and get started with clocking some reading minutes.

So our last glass bottle for Connor got broken last night.  Ugh!  We've been trying to make do with a little 5-ounce plastic bottle and filling it twice at each feeding but it hasn't gone that smoothly.  I'm trying to decide if I should order another from Amazon or just go get something from Walmart to last us these last few months of formula feeding.  I can't wait to be done with it!  Connor hasn't been that great about eating solids yet though so hopefully he'll be showing more interest in people food soon.

This summer FL weather is killing me!  It has been SO humid and raining every day and the mosquitoes want to eat you alive if you try and step outside in between showers.  It's so hard to keep the boys busy all day inside AND find ways to burn their never-ending supply of energy!  Doing some PE with school has helped a bit.  I just purchased some jump ropes for 59 cents each at Target the other day as well as a ladder ball set for $6 which has been a big hit.  It's set up in the schoolroom for them to play.  We also have been watching movies.  Lots of movies.  Every.single.day.  We have gotten a bunch from the library which has been nice.  I have been enjoying the movies just as much as the children.  We still have about three more months until the cooler weather so until then I guess we'll just carry on.

OK, well I'll be back tomorrow and I'll leave you with a few pictures!




No comments:

Post a Comment