This blog post may not look too tidy because I am posting from my phone as we drive home. We will probably arrive around lunch time tomorrow.
1. I am so thankful that we were able to visit my family in Dallas for Christmas. We had a great time and it was so nice to see everyone. We even got some snow on Christmas Day which was a real treat!
2. Unfortunately I have had a horrible tooth ache since we have been on our trip. It hurts to even eat and drink. :(. The pain is in a baby tooth that I chipped a few months ago and we have known that I would need a replacement tooth for awhile. Gabe and I got up at five one morning in the hopes that I could make it in for an extraction at the Dallas dental school where the price is much cheaper. When we arrived there were already about 20 people waiting outside in the 30 degree weather and we decided that it wouldn't be worth the wait. (The clinic only sees about 10 to 15 people a day.) I am planning to try the dental clinic in Gainesville on Monday and hopefully I will have some success. At least the 70 degree weather will be much more accommodating. If not, I already have an appointment set up for Thursday. I just don't know if my tooth or I can last that long.....
3. Yesterday we went to the Dallas zoo and we had a great time! They were having a special and it was only $5 a ticket. I just we had gotten there a bit earlier so we could have seen everything before closing. Still it was totally worth the 2 1/2 hours we were there.
4. Wednesday is Kieran's 3rd birthday! I haven't had time to get him any gifts yet but hopefully everything will fall into place. We are having a small party for him on Saturday with a Mickey Mouse theme. When I ask him what he wants for his birthday he says "a blue present." Maybe that is why I have been having a hard time thinking of birthday gifts.
5. I am looking forward to our little family Christmas celebration which we are planning to celebrate on the Epiphany. All our gifts are still wrapped under our tree at home.
6. It is going to be nice to get back to our daily routine and schedule. I am trying to decide when we will start up school again. We haven't done any since Connor's birth. Elias has a cold now so I have a feeling we won't start until the 14th. That will give me some time to write out lesson plans for the next quarter and unpack and tidy the house. I still haven't decided when we will take down our Christmas decorations either.
7. I can't believe it is 2013 already, can you? Crazy! Well, I best get some rest before its my turn to drive. Hopefully I'll be back soon with some more pictures and posts of Connor at two months and more about our trip. I'm posting a few pictures to tide you over until then. :)







No comments:
Post a Comment