Friday, April 24, 2015

7 Quick Takes

1.

This morning involved lots.of.poop.  I won't gross you out with the gory details but let's just say I hope it won't be happening again anytime soon.   So to make myself feel better I decided to bake up a batch of chocolate biscotti (surprise for the hubby) and a batch of chocolate chip coconut cookies.  And if I do say so myself, the cookies are SO good!  I think they are baked perfectly and may be the best batch I've ever made.  Half whole wheat, half white flour.  Yum.  And I already ate way more than I can count.  Ahhhhh.  

2.

These two guys both passed their first communion exams yesterday with flying colors.  So proud of them!  <3  We are so excited for them to make their first Holy Communions on May 3rd!  Special thanks to my Dad who took the time to prepare them via Skype every day for the past couple months.

3.
A few of the kids and I have been battling a cold for the past week.  I was out so bad on Monday.  All I did was stay in bed and hubby took care of everything else.  So blessed with him!  He came home and made the kids lunch on Monday and dinner as well as everything else.  Thankfully I am feeling better every day.  

4.
Well, this weekend is the California Catholic Women's blogging conference!  I'm SO excited to meet some wonderful women and get some great tips.  Sunday we're going back up to LA for mass and the family brunch at the wonderful Kendra Tierney's house!  How awesome is that?  I'm sure my kids will have a great time too.  Can't wait for tomorrow!

5.



The boys got out their violins the other day after they saw Daddy get out his guitar and a little jam session was had by all.  The boys are also eager to start up violin lessons with me again and I'm looking forward to it as well!

6.
So happy to say that the boys are just about finished up with school for the summer!  Aidan only has a few more art sheets to finish and Elias needs to finish up religion, art & geography.  It's so nice to have the end in sight!

7.
I'm starting to freak out a little about the boy's first communion on May 3rd!  We have about 60 people coming and I haven't even really started planning yet.  Gabe is heading up to Seattle next week Monday-Friday.  Thankfully my Mom arrives Tuesday evening but it's still going to be tough getting everything organized and planned.  I'm sure it'll come together though.  It always does as long as I take one day at a time and one task at a time.  :)

Well, happy Friday and have a wonderful weekend!  Make sure to head over to This Ain't The Lyceum for more quick takes!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - those cookies and biscotti look so delicious! I will say that after I read the first line of that paragraph I had to double back and make sure that I had indeed seen baked goods and not…waste. :) Bless us with that cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice to meet you at the conference this weekend. That's very exciting about their first communion, but I would be overwhelmed with the party planning too. I love having people over, but hosting events can be challenging for me. In fact, we are supposed to be hosting my brother's college graduation party next month, so hopefully that will all come together (one day at a time like you say).

    ReplyDelete