This week we have all come down with a nasty cold. :( Gabe and I have it the worst and the boys are just stuck with runny noses and Juliette is just a tad stuffy. It really puts a damper on things especially when I feel like I have so much that I need to get done.
Last week my sister Mary was visiting us from Texas. It was so nice to see her and the boys LOVED the attention! They spent a lot of time playing games and reading books. They would sit outside her door in the morning waiting for her to wake up, and we once found them laying on the floor peeking under the bathroom door waiting for her to finish with her shower. And of course I always love spending time with any of my sisters so I definitely enjoyed her visit as well. We were especially glad to see her before she leaves next week for a Europe trip over the summer and then she will be studying in Rome until Christmas. Here are a few pictures from her visit.
Ready to go tubing on the river
At the Florida Natural History Museum
Waiting for the bats
At Clearwater Beach
Goodbye hugs
Tomorrow we will have been in our new house for 3 weeks. I finally feel like we are getting settled. All we have left to do is hang pictures and curtains. The boys definitely enjoy having more play space and they have a nice big play room. We do have a back yard but I have only sent the boys out once and they didn't want to stay out too long because there are too many mosquitoes and it is too hot. :( I guess we'll be looking forward to a lot more time spent outdoors when it starts to cool down in a few months. We also have a lot of yard work that needs to be done but that will have to wait as well. Gabe really enjoys the shorter drive to campus and has been coming home most days for lunch which is really nice. Once we get more organized I would like to start meeting him on campus for daily Mass at Noon.
I am also trying to get organized here so I can began home school early with the boys. I finally decided to go ahead with the Seton curriculum. I didn't sign the boys up, but we will be using their preschool and kindergarten materials this fall. As soon as my planner arrives I am going to start charting out the work. We need to start ASAP so we can take time off when the baby arrives. :)
We will also be doing VBS the second week in August. I will be the leader in the music room so I have to learn all the music and signs to the songs. We are using the Cat Chat program. The boys love the music and have been singing the songs all day.
Other than that, not much else is new. Elias learned to swim a week before we moved out of our old house and now we need to find a new pool to keep practicing in. All our children love swimming so hopefully we can figure something out so they can keep it up. Here are a few pictures from a fun day at the pool.
Other than that, not much else is new. Elias learned to swim a week before we moved out of our old house and now we need to find a new pool to keep practicing in. All our children love swimming so hopefully we can figure something out so they can keep it up. Here are a few pictures from a fun day at the pool.
I'll end this post with a few funnies:
Yesterday Gabe was talking to all the boys and telling them they need to "shape up and start listening." Aidan's response "I'm going to shape up into a circle Dad."
Aidan - "It's nice that she (Juliette) is climbing on me but she is going to ruin my pj's."
Aidan - "I want to be a mohawk."
No comments:
Post a Comment