Friday, October 29, 2010

7 Quick Takes

-1-
I am sitting here nursing and typing with one hand.  I feel like all I do is nurse these days.  Kieran was up all night nursing (well pretty close).  Maybe it is his front teeth that are starting to come through. Either way I'm TIRED of  and not getting any sleep and this baby NEEDS to start eating more than 1 or 2 bites of solids every day.  *sigh*  However, I am so thankful that I have been able to nurse Kieran this long unlike the last two.
-2-
I still have clean laundry to put away from Monday!  That never happens to me!  The reason I've been procrastinating putting it away, is because I'm switching all our clothes around and putting our clothes in the new dresser we just got off cragslist.  And I'm switching the boys clothes around in the other two dressers.  Anyhow, that is on my must do today list.  I made Gabe help me with our clothes last night.  Anyhow, that is just one of the many things I need to get done around here.
-3-
I need to go grocery shopping today and I need to figure out what I'm bringing to the potluck tonight to the Young Married's group meeting.  I also need to purchase things for our All Hallow's Eve party on Sunday.  I'm trying to decide between making doughnuts or soul cakes.  Maybe I'll just do both!  They both sound yummy.  When the children come to the front door at the party they are going to ask for a soul cake by saying this little ditty
Soul, soul, an apple or two,
If you haven't an apple, a pear will do,
One for Peter, two for Paul,
Three for the Man Who made us all.
-4-
Due to the lack of sleep and being out of town I have not gone to the gym AT ALL these past two weeks.  Oye vey!  Hopefully I will be motivated to start going again next week.  I really miss when I don't work out.  I don't feel as good and the days don't go as well.  And I'm still trying to lose 20 more lbs by the time Kieran turns 1......only about 2 months left for that!
-5-
Yesterday it rained a bit and was quite muggy and humid when I went to bed.  This morning we woke up to a beautiful 60 degrees. and no humidity.  I think the high for today is 78 so that would make for a very beautiful fall day!  Hopefully the weather will finally start cooling down again.  It is so sad to be having 90 degree  days at the end of October.
-6-
So I have figured out who the boys are going to be for All Saints Day.  Elias will be St. Francis of Assisi, Aidan will be St. Joseph Moscati, and Kieran will be an angel.  My Mom sent an old St.  Francis costume that fits Elias and I borrowed some scrubs from my neighbor for Aidan because St. Joseph Moscati was a doctor.  Here is a link with some info. on him since he is not a well known saint.  http://www.savior.org/saints/moscati.htm  For Kieran we will make some wings and use one of Gabe's shirts and a rope.  Hopefully they won't mind wearing their costumes.  Gabe and I both have a feeling there's going to be a little problem.  Ahhh...we shall see.
-7-
This weekend is going to be busy and fun, but I'm definitely looking forward to things slowing down a bit next week.  My sis and her hubby were thinking about coming up to visit Sun. but my sis just got a bad cold so they probably won't make it.  Please pray for a quick recovery for her and have a Happy All Hallow's Eve weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment